Skincare can be difficult to manage if you’re always on the go, but it’s important that you take the time to take care of your skin every day. Fortunately, there are ways to be more proactive about your skincare routine, whether you have oily or dry skin, and whether you want to go natural or chemical-free. Here are seven ways to take control of your skincare routine.
1. Don’t believe everything you read
The skincare industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that’s constantly growing. With new products and claims hitting the market every day, it can be hard to know what to believe.
The truth is, you don’t need a 10-step skincare routine or the latest miracle product to have healthy, beautiful skin. You can achieve healthy skin by following these seven simple tips
2. Don’t go overboard on products
You might think that using more products will get you better results, but that’s not necessarily the case. In fact, sometimes using too many products can actually do more harm than good.
Stick to a simple skincare routine with just a few key products that are tailored to your specific skin type.
3. Follow product directions
One important way to take control of your skincare routine is by following the directions on your product labels.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do this! By not following directions, you could be using too much or too little product, which can lead to ineffective results.
4. Use what works for you
EvolvHealth has products that can help you take control of your skincare routine.
1. Choose the right cleansers for your skin
2. Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
3. Use a toner to balance your skin’s pH levels.
4. Apply a serum or treatment p.roduct to target specific concerns.
5. Moisturize twice a day, morning and night.
6. Protect your skin from the sun with SPF.
7. See a dermatologist regularly for professional advice.
5. Keep skin hydrated
1. Hydration is key for healthy, glowing skin. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help to keep your skin cells plump and hydrated.
2. Avoid sugary drinks and alcohol, which can dehydrate your skin and lead to breakouts.
3. Invest in a good-quality moisturizer that suits your skin type. Apply it every morning and evening after cleansing your face.
4. Use a hydrating face mask at least once a week to give your skin an extra boost of moisture.
5. Exfoliate regularly to get rid of dead skin cells and help your moisturizer work more effectively.
6. Treat acne with spot treatments
If you have acne, you know how frustrating it can be to try to control it. But don’t despair There are a few things you can do to help get your acne under control.
First, try using spot treatments. Spot treatments are products that you apply directly to the affected area. They usually contain Benzoyl peroxide or Salicylic acid, which can help to dry up the pimple and prevent new ones from forming.
7. Avoid excess tanning, makeup, & other skin irritants
You can take control of your skincare routine by avoiding excess tanning, makeup, and other skin irritants. Tanning damages the skin and causes premature aging.
Makeup can clog pores and irritate the skin. Other skin irritants include harsh chemicals, pollution, and stress.